The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Space Coast Scholarship Program supports women from Brevard, Indiana River, and Volusia county who will be pursuing an ABET-accredited bachelor program in preparation for careers in engineering, engineering technology and computer science. SWE Space Coast Scholarships are awarded annually based on academic merit, demonstrated leadership, and potential for success in engineering.
To be eligible for a SWE Space Coast Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Identify as female/woman.
- Reside in Brevard, Indian River, or Volusia County currently.
- Plan to major in an ABET-accredited engineering, computing, or engineering technology program in the upcoming academic year.
- Not be fully funded for tuition, fees, and books or equivalent.
Preference given to applicants with a grade point average of 3.5 or higher (unweighted).
Accredited programs are based on ABET accreditation for colleges and universities in the U.S and internationally. The list of SWE-approved programs is the same list as the ABET-accredited programs in engineering (EAC), computing (CAC), and technology (TAC). Visit abet.org for more information.
The SWE Space Coast Scholarship online application with instructions will be available on March 15. Applications and supplemental materials are due by 5 pm Eastern on April 30. There will be no exception to the deadline.
Please direct any questions to the SWE Space Coast Scholarship Chair.
Pay It Forward!
To help our scholarship program grow, please consider making a donation here.
If your company is interested in sponsoring a scholarship, please contact the SWE Space Coast Scholarship Chair.
Additional Scholarship Resources
- SWE Scholarships
- Scholarships and Financial Aid for Women
- Scholarships for Women in STEM
- STEM Scholarships for Graduate School
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) Scholarship
- Scholarships for Online Colleges
- Athletic Scholarships
- Scholarships for Computer Science
- Funding STEM Education as a First-Generation College Student